Andreas Daub Pforzheim – Jewellery since 1872
Over 130 years ago, the company founder Andreas Daub laid the foundation for one of the most important companies in the jewellery industry. As a young goldsmith, he was quick to realise the opportunities that the traditional location of Pforzheim offered for the industrial production of jewellery for an international market. As early as 1900 Andreas Daub A*D was one of the leading jewellery companies in Europe.
The first mention of the company can be found in the address book of 1872: Andreas Daub “Bijoutier, Metzgerstraße 62”.
In this year’s address book, the company presents itself as “Andreas Daub, Deimlingstr. 26, Medaillonfabrik, Broshes und goldene Shawinadeln“.
Daub’s son-in-law Ludwig Stark and his sons Ludwig and Adolf Daub now also work in the company. In the meantime, the workforce has grown to 90 employees.
In these two years new premises were built for the factory. These were to remain the company’s place of business until 2001.
The economic crisis of 1929 caused only a short slump in the demand for jewellery made by Andreas Daub.
During the air raid on Pforzheim on 23 February 1945, the production facility of the company Andreas Daub was destroyed. In the months that followed, the company produced its jewellery first of all in the Engel Inn in Göbrichen, then later in the Habermehlstraße in Pforzheim. In 1948 the company moved back to the rebuilt factory in the Luisenstraße.
Thanks to the patents for Novaflex and for Mylord and Mylady the share of sales for watch bands rises and outstrips that of jewellery.
The fourth generation made up of Ludwig Stark jun., Kurt Daub, Helmut Daub and Fritz Daub, is followed by the fourth generation represented by Karl Adolf Daub, Heinz Daub and Hermann Daub.
The company Andreas Daub was one of the first factories in Pforzheim to invest in a wire cut EDM machine for manufacturing punching tools.
A first men’s jewellery collection made of special steel was presented at the Basle Trade Fair. This later developed into the ADAMO Collection.
The company Andreas Daub moved into its new production facilities, its “Factory of the Future” at Wilferdinger Höhe in Pforzheim.
The 1400°C collection made of Zirconium Oxide, which is fully produced on site, was launched on to market.